Party venues in Manchester are perfect for all occasions. No matter whether you are throwing a birthday party, a wedding or an engagement party, you will surely find a venue for your event. What are the most popular private party types in Manchester?
Popular private party types in Manchester:
- Birthday parties – Manchester offers a large variety of birthday party venues for all ages and personalities, from colourful kids party venues to formal restaurants for a family 60th birthday party.
- Tea parties – This wonderful British tradition is alive and well, especially in Manchester. Tea rooms are popular for various occasions, such as bridal showers and christenings.
- Hen parties and stag dos – Manchester’s vibrant nightlife makes it a perfect destination for hens and stags. And if you’re looking for something more relaxed, don’t worry – we’re listing all kinds of private party spaces.
- Baby showers – Welcome a new member of the family with a baby shower. This tradition brings joy to all the guests. It is both an exciting and heart touching moment for everyone.
- Corporate parties – Many companies choose to host their private office party in one of Manchester’s vibrant bars, pubs, restaurants or even absolutely unusual locations.
- Surprise parties – Not only will it be difficult to keep the party itself a secret, but with our impressive selection of venues you will have a hard time keeping the venue you find a secret, too. With #tagvenue you’re sure to find a stunning private party space that will blow your guests away.
Hiring a private party venue in Manchester – essential tips:
- Start planning as early as possible – The best private party venues book out months in advance. The sooner you start the search, the more choice you have. What’s more, if you start planning your private party early, you’ll have more time to sort everything out (and the whole process will be less hectic, too).
- Write down your guest list – This is particularly important for bigger events, weddings, for example. Preparing the list in advance will help you with choosing the right sized private party venue and estimating the budget for your event.
- Consider the location – Spinningfields, full of luxury private party venues, is the perfect location for an elegant feast, while Northern Quarter usually hosts more alternative events. Manchester is big and diverse, but with our insider knowledge picking the right area is headache-free. Last but not least, don’t forget to check the venue’s transport links and make sure there’s enough parking space nearby.
On a tight budget? Don’t stress. We love helping people find their best venue deals! Here are the best tips for hiring a cheap private party venue in Manchester:
- Aim for self-catering venues – Manchester is full of private party venues that allow external catering. This solution helps you save a significant amount of money. What’s more, if any of your guests have special catering needs (for example halal, kosher, vegan or gluten-free) it might be easier to meet their needs by choosing self-catering.
- Hire a community hall – Community centres are usually much cheaper than other spaces in Manchester. That makes them an excellent private party venue option if you’re on a budget. Most community halls in Manchester work on dry hire basis, which means you only pay for hiring the space, while organising other aspects of the event is entirely up to you.
- Choose a smaller venue – If you’re organising a private party for 50 people, there’s no need to hire a space that’s able to accommodate twice as many. We’re listing a large variety of beautiful small party venues in Manchester – check them out and enquire directly with the ones you like the most.
- Decide on a minimum spend – Minimum is perfect for parties. This hire option will allow you to book a party venue basically for free. All you will have to do is spend a set amount of money on food and drinks. Anything you order from the venue ahead of the event will contribute to this amount also! What if you don’t cover the minimum spend? If you don’t quite make it to the threshold by the end of the event, you will need to pay the amount remaining. Or buy something within this price range.
- Check out different locations – In some locations, prices for party venues may be cheaper than in the city centre, for instance. Which locations are we talking about? Salford Quays, with party venues starting from £350 per day! Harpurhey for as little as £10 per person per day or in Piccadilly where prices start from £400 per day.
- Choose off-peak hours and days – On some days and hours the venues aren’t particularly crowded. Because of this, owners let the venues at lower prices to attract more clients. Usually party venues like pubs and restaurants are cheaper in the week during early hours.
Party Venues in Manchester FAQ
How much does it cost to hire a private party venue in Manchester?
Hiring a smaller space for a private party can cost around £50 to £200 in minimum spend. For larger spaces, minimum spend can range from £300 to £2000. Hire fee will start around £50 but can range upwards to £2000, depending on the size of the space for your party. (All data from Tagvenue.com)
What are some great private party venues in Manchester?
Take your party to the next level by hiring a private venue. A private venue can be a great way to host a memorable event with a professional team handling all the details. You just relax and enjoy. Manchester has so many great options for private hire, start your search with these great options:
- The Monastery Manchester – Enjoy a rousing party among the neo-Gothic splendors of this former church.
- Heaven at Hotel Football – Enjoy a fantastic event at this hotel venue which features a retractable roof and impeccable cocktails.
- The Sheridan Suite at Barca – This sleek and modern purple-themed room is guaranteed to make any party shine.
What sort of venues in Manchester have private party spaces?
If you are looking for a private party space in Manchester, consider a bar or pub as these will often offer function rooms. It is also worthwhile checking out any nightclubs, cocktail lounges, or studios that suit your fancy as they can also make accommodations for private parties.
What kind of fees are available?
The most common pricing options are: per hour, per person, per day, per session and minimum spend. Which one you choose depends on how much time you are willing to spend in a venue and how many guests you are going to have. For example, if you are planning a meeting for a large group of people, minimum spend is an excellent choice, if you are going to have a rather long party, most probably per day or per session hire would be most beneficial for you.